Senior Frontend Engineer, Anti-Evil (Remote in Ireland)
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing fast and among the most visited websites in the world. Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Creating a safe experience for all users is a crucial aspect of this. Anti-Evil is on a mission to empower Redditors to define and enforce safety standards for their communities and personal experiences. The real-time safety applications team keeps Redditors safe by automating the detection and actioning of harmful user behaviour and content in real-time.
We're looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join our team and help us build best-in-class systems and tools at the intersection of stream and batch processing, model development, data visualisation and distributed systems.
In this role, you will own the frontend development for one or more projects and tackle tough design and product problems alongside other world-class engineers. You will be expected to support building a healthy engineering culture and uphold code quality, testing and best practices. This role calls for strong collaboration with product managers, UX designers, software engineers, data scientists, threat detection specialists and other cross-functional partners. You will be working on projects that will have a profound impact on the work and productivity of other teams with Anti-Evil and Reddit as a whole and have the opportunity to contribute to company-wide forums, initiatives and open-source projects. You will be encouraged and have the autonomy to propose and execute on your own projects and initiatives.
Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Build a world-class user experience
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Experience in TypeScript, node.js, React, and Redux or mobx.
- Preferably experience with data visualisation and designing data-intensive web applications
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and documentation skills
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix defects, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues