Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to the world, and we’re looking for a passionate community expert and global operator to play a vital role by leading our international community expansion.
Reporting to our VP of Community, this new role will be responsible for setting and operationalizing the strategic vision of international community development and growth. You will launch local Reddit communities in new markets, build and develop the international community team, and identify and bring to life community programs that help make Reddit a daily destination in each new country. You will be a global steward of Reddit’s mission by ensuring our communities are truly local – filled with authentic local content and context, not simply distributed.
We're passionate about community at Reddit. If you are too, join us and help bring community to everyone, everywhere.
- Own and operationalize Reddit’s international community expansion strategy
- Develop sustainable community and content growth programs
- Build and prove out a community expansion playbook
- Recommend a team structure and hiring map to build out a global community organization
- Evaluate and communicate progress of ongoing community development projects
- Provide analysis of key community drivers to guide product development and marketing campaigns
- Develop a roadmap of international expansion experiments in partnership with cross-functional teams, using community insights, global market data, and community growth best practices
- Oversee the long-term, sustainable success of Reddit’s international communities
- 8+ years supporting international expansion for consumer platforms across community, strategy, and operations
- Proven success launching consumer products or services in new markets without an existing presence
- Track record of building successful community growth roadmaps
- Deep understanding of differing community needs and perspectives across markets and cultures
- Ability to develop strategic insights from qualitative and quantitative research
- Unwavering grit; a love for solving new problems, both practical and conceptual
- High comfort level blazing new trails and exploring new ideas
- Experience building and leading cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills
- Ability to travel internationally on a consistent basis
Exceptional Candidates will have
- Experience living and working abroad in a non-English speaking country
- Experience with user generated content and crowdsourcing models
- Fluency in languages besides English
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.