Reddit is a platform that both celebrates and benefits from users innovating on Reddit itself, and we want to take that innovation to the next level. Our users have already done so much with the simple tools we’ve given them. In essence, they’ve proven Joy’s Law:
“No matter who you are, most of the smartest people work for someone else … It's better to create an ecology that gets all the world’s smartest people toiling in your garden for your goals. If you rely solely on your own employees, you’ll never solve all your customers' needs”
-- Bill Joy, Sun Microsystems
The developer platform initiative is about empowering users to make their communities on Reddit as awesome as possible. Think of it as radical community customization. We’ve learned that every time we give our users a canvas on which to be creative they both do so and do so in surprising ways. This role will lead our efforts to build the ultimate customization platform for Reddit communities.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Be the visionary and driver behind the Developer Platform initiative including responsibility for product roadmaps, goals, and outcomes.
- Hire, lead, and mentor the team to build a platform developers will love.
- Represent Reddit externally and get third parties to help us accelerate our evolution towards a democratized, open platform that anyone can build on top of.
What You' Bring
- A founder/owner mindset and willingness to work through challenges.
- Experience building and leading great teams focused on developer products.
- A long time Redditor who understands our product and users.
- Experience evangelizing a developer focused product.
- Experience with systems beyond or near Reddit scale.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities