“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As a contract UX Content Designer, you’ll be responsible for the written copy within the Reddit platform and influence the designs that define the Reddit experience. You'll partner with designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, community managers, legal advisors, and others across the organization to build engaging experiences for Reddit’s users, moderators, and communities. You’ll bring your expert writing skills to Reddit’s designs and create simple yet meaningful copy that improves experiences and reinforces the quirky and fun elements that make Reddit the unique platform it is today. Using design-thinking and a clear head for product strategy, you’ll help create one-of-a-kind experiences and features across the Reddit ecosystem.
What You'll Do
- Craft clear, concise, and consistent user interface copy that makes it easy and enjoyable for Reddit users to accomplish tasks and reach their goals.
- Balance the clarity required from successful UI copy, with the wonderful weirdness that differentiates the Reddit brand.
- Advocate for design and content that “Remembers the human” and improves the Reddit experience for our users and communities.
- Contribute to Reddit’s language guidelines by building out best practices and principles for writing.
- Share innovative ideas that will significantly improve user experience; using fresh thinking to solve problems and improve processes.
Who You Might Be
- An excellent writer with almost crazy attention to detail. You have strong opinions on em dashes, the oxford comma, and the difference between words like Next and Continue, Browse and Explore.
- Someone with experience writing UI copy for product experiences who can write new copy, edit existing copy, and integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders to improve the end result.
- A strong problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from principles and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user.
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or writing samples that highlight the breadth and depth of your writing and product design experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.