Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The GraphQL team develops the API layer leveraged by product development teams across the company, providing the client access layer for Reddit's rich dataset and driving the next generation of user experiences. GraphQL provides product and backend engineers clear interfaces, a powerful and flexible execution engine, and world-class developer ergonomics.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Scaling our GraphQL infrastructure to serve hundreds of millions of users.
- Building a federated architecture that is performant, stable, secure, and efficient.
- Coordinating schema design and governance across hundreds of contributors.
- Contributing to the cutting edge of open source GraphQL development.
As a senior engineer, you’ll be a technical leader and mentor. You'll draw on your expertise to drive our technical roadmap and collaborate with other leaders to meet the needs of our ever-growing engineering organization. You’ll also look for opportunities to engage with the GraphQL community at large, presenting and sharing Reddit’s accomplishments within the industry, contributing to open source projects, and bringing in good ideas from other peers.
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create a more performant, more scalable, higher quality architecture.
- Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader on the GraphQL team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Go, Python, Rust, Java or C++.
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.
- History of working on an API layer is a big plus.
- Experience structuring and implementing complex data models is a plus.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.