"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the video team to shape the future of the rich media experience on the internet. As a key member of this fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the next generation of video products from the very beginning.
Come help us build the future of video on Reddit!
About the role:
You’ll own the iOS development for one or more projects and tackle tough design and product problems alongside other engineers. Our iOS team uses the latest mobile technologies and we’ll need your expertise to keep us at the cutting-edge while continuously advancing and evolving our legacy codebase. We are looking for a product-focused iOS engineer who is capable of working independently but also thrives in collaborative environments.
What you can expect from us:
- Architect, build, and maintain the patterns and frameworks that power the video experience on Reddit’s official iOS app
- Spearhead the full iOS development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy
- Take ownership of features and areas of the app that will impact millions of users
- Work alongside a cross-functional team to build high quality experiences
- Craft the direction of future mobile architecture at Reddit
What we can expect from you:
- Multiple years of experience writing high quality iOS code
- Expertise in Swift and Objective-C
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail (both technical and product-oriented) with every feature
- Familiarity with running experiments to test new features
- Ability to prioritize and plan large projects independently
- Willingness to proactively collaborate cross functionally
- Expertise in video (AVFoundation)
- Experience modularizing iOS apps
- Experience with Combine, SwiftUI and other modern iOS technologies
- If you don’t feel like you meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to still apply!