“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Trust & Safety Org (T&S) is one of Reddit’s largest pillars, and Safety Insights works across the whole Org to provide research services to ensure Reddit is safe and accessible to everyone. We unravel hard problems that cut across T&S domains and tackle global challenges (e.g. radicalization) to create and foster safe communities. As a Senior UX Researcher with the Safety Insights team and as the third researcher on the team, your role will be to inform strategic direction and product development, and identify ways to measure our impact over time.
What You’ll Do
- Lead formative research on high-priority, high-impact, and challenging problem spaces across the T&S Org (e.g. NSFW, radicalization, moderation)
- Serve as the primary research partner for our wider cross-functional product team responsible for building safety operations tools and agents’ mental well-being
- Partner with Product, Design, Ops and a variety of other teams to help them better articulate their challenges and constraints and define research objectives for T&S’ highest-priority initiatives
- Mentor PMs and designers on usability methods to improve our ability to scale our research practice
- Identify emerging trends and areas of concern before they become a systemic risk to Reddit and our communities; you’ll drive the research agenda to provide the T&S Org with strategic insights and a thorough understanding of the existing landscape and potential challenges
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop custom longitudinal metrics for trust and safety, implement them, and demonstrate their efficacy
Who You Might Be
- Masters or Ph.D. in Social Science, Behavioral science, HCI, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- Substantial industry or transferable experience
- A command of qualitative and ethnographic methods with a strong understanding of their strengths and shortcomings, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Knowledge of quantitative analysis, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Proven ability in managing relationships with partners, stakeholders, and communities of interest
- Experience building consensus and facilitating difficult conversations across multiple stakeholders
- Bonus: Experience with SQL, R, and quantitative data analysis
- Demonstrated flexibility and non-dogmatic approach to strategy, learning, and impact
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, manage, and meet deadlines across multiple time-sensitive initiatives
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Ability to produce results independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’ doing a variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your research experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.