"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. Videos on Reddit have seen exponential growth and the Video Ranking team plays a central role, matching up the right video content with each user. This position will encompass ownership of ranking systems, including feature calculation, integration with ML systems, backend API development, and client side implementation with a focus on quality and performance.
Reddit is looking for a software engineer capable of building highly robust, scalable, reliable and performant ranking systems. You will work closely with Backend Architects, Product Managers, UI/UX engineers, Machine Learning and other Video experts to deliver best in class personalized ranking systems that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet.
This is a high impact role where you will be involved in technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
- Languages: Go, Python, C++ or any object oriented programming language
- Libraries: Baseplate, GraphQL
- Databases: Solr, Redis, Postgres, Memcached
- Tools: Kubernetes, AWS
- Design and implement the next generation backend ranking systems that power the personalized video experience on Reddit
- Work closely with client and ML engineers to design and implement scalable interfaces
- Explore new technologies that help grow our video ranking capabilities
- Champion and drive engineering processes and best practices
- Write efficient, scalable and maintainable code that will help us iterate quickly and safely
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing backend/ platforms at scale, using Go, Python, C++ or any object oriented programming language
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and implementing performant, stable, and maintainable API interfaces
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure. You’ll be a leader within Reddit Engineering
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
Good to Have:
- Experience with Solr is a plus