"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build features that encourage engagement and belonging, enabling smooth and effective community and content creation, enabling our content creators, and applying a growth framework to activate new communities equipping moderators with the tools they need to succeed. These teams drive several key product metrics for the entire Reddit platform.
This is a high-impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire and lead a high-caliber team of product engineers and mobile developers.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and enable a culture of metrics-led execution, with efficient processes and strong levels of transparency.
Who You Might Be:
- At least 5+ years building and managing high-performing engineering teams.
- At least 2+ years of experience as a software engineer developing user-facing mobile native applications at scale, using Swift and Kotlin.
- Fluency with dealing with product analytics, forecasting, and exposure to tools like GA, BigQuery, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong focus on user experience and usability. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software. Experience with social or e-commerce is a huge plus. It’s wild out here.
- You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.