Reddit is seeking a Product Manager to lead our Moderator team.
Reddit is the world’s largest network of communities. It’s a place where millions of people go to find a sense of belonging. Redditors directly create, manage, and grow all of the content & communities that comprise the Reddit experience. Reddit already inspires hundreds of millions of people across the globe each month, and the Moderator team is seeking a product leader who can inspire even more incredible community stewards to connect users and build more valuable communities. From r/askreddit to r/politics, or r/memes to r/parenting; these passionate communities and their moderators are what make Reddit tick. Communities are the heartbeat of the service.
The PM for the Moderator team will be responsible for driving the health & expansion of our vast moderator ecosystem on Reddit. This leader will help the team to balance investments in product changes that help moderators easily steward & understand the health of their respective communities, explore new mobile moderator tools, enable moderators to curate & elevate the best content and conversations in their community, and ultimately make Reddit the destination for communities.
This particular role requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, intense customer focus, and a proven track record of shipping quality products. Ideally, you’ve had experience working on other platforms that help connect users with others in some sustained capacity. You’ll work closely with engineering, design, and data science to create the best communal experiences across the internet. This role is critical to shaping the future of Reddit.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap of features & tools that community creators and moderators will use to facilitate community on Reddit daily
- Collaborate with engineering & design to launch new experiences that delight moderators and help them connect with others in their communities
- Work with our data science and user research teams to craft insights into the behaviors and needs of community creators & moderators on Reddit, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features that ultimately lead to a constantly evolving & improved product experience
- Seek to understand the competitive environment and maintain global awareness of unique user experiences specifically in regards to social groups & communities
- Work with various cross functional teams (Community Operations, Marketing, etc) to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- Total dedication to keeping community & a “sense of belonging” at the center of your product and design decisions so as to improve the overall experience on Reddit
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering counterparts
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the minutia
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit's wider business objectives
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You have at least 4+ years of product management experience
- Engineering or Data Scientist background
- Design background w/ solid quantitative skills (SQL)
- You have experience managing internal and external stakeholders during the product development lifecycle
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.