Senior Product Manager, Video - Foundation
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the video team and shape the future of rich media experiences on the internet. As a key member of this fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the next generation of video products.
We’re looking for a rockstar product manager to build and nurture a scalable video platform focused on quality and performance that will help Reddit become a premier video destination.
- Develop and execute product vision and strategy for Reddit’s Video Platform
- Work closely with developers, data, and other product managers to understand problems and opportunities, capture new ideas, and manage a robust prioritized backlog of requirements for Reddit’s Video Platform
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define objectives, key results and initiatives, resolve dependencies, and perform data-driven prioritization
- Gather, solicit, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative user, community, and moderator feedback
- Communicate and evangelize the value of Video Foundation by defining, tracking and reporting on metrics
- Work cross-functionally across product, engineering, data, community, and other areas to successfully push platform initiatives forward
- You have 4+ years of experience as a product manager.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
- You have a strong technical background in large-scale distributed systems and platform architecture, and can communicate effectively with engineers.
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with the Video pillar’s broader business objectives.
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- You are focused, execution-oriented, and a stickler for process.
- Bonus points:
- Direct experience working on a video platform
- Fluency in video playback analytics
- Knowledge of vIdeo processing and optimization capabilities