The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The Internationalization group at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone by enabling Reddit’s global growth. The International Growth team works on a number of surfaces to kickstart the content creation flywheel in new markets and connect users to relevant content. We are also building capabilities to improve the Reddit experience based on content intelligence in multiple languages and local relevance.
If building and leading the team unlocking the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire, and lead a world-class team of software engineers
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent technical vision that supports and enables Reddit’s international growth.
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, launch, and monitoring
Who You Might Be:
- Desire to get better, to help others get better, and to have a large positive impact on a large number of people
- 2+ years experience supporting and growing engineering teams
- 5+ years experience developing software (mobile and backend preferred)
- Experience managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems hosted in cloud environments
- International experience is a bonus
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Ability to directly have a large impact on a huge number of people
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer-paid health benefits
- Free onsite meals and snacks, and world-class support for distributed employees
- 4 months parental leave, plus up to 4 months disability leave for delivering mothers
- Education and pet care stipends
- Childcare support, family planning, and much more
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time