"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking an IT Operations Specialist to help keep pace with the needs of a growing company. In this role, we are looking for an energetic, communicative, and process-oriented Atlassian Suite Administrator to join our team.
Your day-to-day will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Jira and Confluence. You will be troubleshooting any issues that arise with our Atlassian Suite, providing technical solutions to operational problems, contributing to upgrades and implementing new functionality, and providing the overall upkeep and maintenance of Jira Confluence instances.
You will also be working with business partners to define requirements for new and existing projects, advanced customizations, automation, and integrations.
You are a team player with a solid commitment to customer service, enjoy technology, and you have an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Configure, maintain and upgrade Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Responsible for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management tool
- Support, and troubleshoot Atlassian tools
- Design custom JIRA workflows
- Plan, evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to suit the expanding user-base
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools
- Provide Atlassian training workshops to employees
- Install, Upgrade Atlassian products
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors with Atlassian marketplace app vendors
- Developing JIRA dashboards and reporting, including the use of gadgets, widgets
- Customizing JIRA Macros and JIRA Query Language
- Experience using/customizing Confluence macros, add-ons
- On-call (24x7 rotation) responsibilities
- Assist employees with migrating their business planning and tracking tools to the Atlassian Suite.
- 2+ years experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language)
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Ability to build Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation
- Maintaining customizations across versions of JIRA/Confluence
- Complete understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, all of the schemes!
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with migrating users off of other planning, ticketing, software development tools.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion. It’s easy for you to keep up with the latest industry trends, and be the Atlassian ambassador
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A good communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude. You are organized, can read between the lines to understand business needs and prioritize your work accordingly.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities