"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a Senior IT Support Specialist - Lead, to help keep pace with the needs of a growing company. This role within our IT Support team is based in our San Francisco office and will serve as an escalation point, trainer, and a mentor for the larger IT Support team. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a 1000ft overview of inbound requests making sure the team is holding to our service level agreements, monitoring team metrics, supporting the team by hopping in and out of more complex requests that may require escalation or identifying and providing training opportunities for the team. On top of being a supporting figure for the team, You will also often have a presence for the team to the greater company, leading IT Orientation sessions, helping ensure large company meetings are successful, etc. Lastly, working with the IT Support Manager to identify, refine, and document team processes and generally make being a part of the IT Support Team a great working environment.
The knowledge scope of the role covers the entire range of SaaS products managed by our team (Google Workplace, Zoom, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Zendesk, etc.). As we grow our team across the globe, the team will support each other as one team member starts their day and another begins, through request handoffs and updates on important tasks that may roll over.
You are a team player with a strong commitment to customer service, you enjoy technology, and have an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Be an experienced technical resource for the greater IT Support team
- Train new and existing team members on our IT processes, policies, procedures, and technology
- Keeping a close high level eye on the service desk and hopping in where necessary to provide the team training opportunities and escalations
- You will support a wide range of inbound requests and facilitate technical conversations with end-users and cross-functional partners.
- Support user requests of our SaaS applications: G Suite, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Slack, etc.
- Provisioning/deprovisioning (User accounts, group membership, service access, etc.)
- Create and supplement technical documentation for end users and team members alike
- Support/cover for team members through vacations or other periods of absence
- Ensure company new hire onboarding processes and orientation are running smoothly
- 5 years of of progressive experience and responsibility
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS applications (E.g. G Suite, Okta, Zendesk, Slack, Atlassian, etc.)
- Experience in support and troubleshooting Mac OS and Windows platforms as well as iOS & Android mobile devices
- Experience in a fast paced customer facing environment, preferably within a technical organization or high growth company.
- Experience working with and supporting executive level individuals and white glove service
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion. It’s easy for you to keep up with the latest industry trends, experiment at home with new technologies
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A good communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude. You are organized, can read between the lines to understand business needs and prioritize your work accordingly.
- Experience supporting a company’s IT with little or no oversight
- Experience with Identity Providers/SAML (Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Experience managing vendor relationships
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities