"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a manager to lead a team dedicated to enhancing Reddit’s value to our advertising partners through scalable insights and storytelling. This team is an integral part of Marketing Sciences, providing our Ad Sales and Marketing teams with critical data and insights that drive our value proposition to agencies and brands. Your team will be charged with finding and telling “the story” - packaging research findings for internal teams, identifying trends, and turning data into actionable insights that drive revenue.
This role is a management position, and reports to the Global Head of Marketing Sciences.
What You'll Do
- Drive insights excellence by leveraging 1st party platform data, 3rd party/syndicated research, and primary research to uncover and deliver insights that reveal the reach, composition, engagement, and strategic value of our audience to clients, agencies, and the industry at large.
- Manage, grow, and elevate a team of high-performing global Insights Analysts/Leads.
- Develop the process and guidelines for engagement, and scaling output with cross-functional teams.
- Analyze Reddit platform data to create captivating external reports ranging from user behaviors and conversations, vertical insights, and larger industry trends.
- Partner closely with our Data Science team to build scalable insights services and training for internal and external use.
- Own research/insights vendor relationships, roadmaps, budget, and capabilities - working closely with them to uplevel the insights capabilities they deliver to Reddit, and develop scalable training for our internal teams.
- Partner with our Marketing, Sales, Comms, and Creative Strategy teams to develop compelling storylines that highlight opportunities for Reddit advertisers, package narratives, and distribute output into new and existing marketing materials (decks, whitepapers, blogs, events, etc).
- Act as an internal/external expert and evangelist on industry trends and new media insights.
What We Can Expect From You
- A data-driven storyteller that’s passionate about insights that inspire and drive action.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably from the media/advertising, consulting, or marketing industries. At least 4 of those years in an insights-oriented function.
- 3+ years people management experience, and has led teams of 5 or more.
- Expert knowledge and experience with global research/insights partners such as Comscore, BrandWatch, Quantcast, GlobalWebIndex, Simmons, etc. Can speak in-depth about the technology that powers them, the integration processes, and has negotiated deal structures.
- Deep experience working with 1st party data and strong analytical skills required – including familiarity with tools for data querying, survey, and analysis: SQL, Excel, SPSS, Qualtrics/Decipher, Tableau, etc.
- Proven master-level ability to weave primary research, 3rd party insights, and behavioral platform data together into a cohesive and compelling story of strategic importance.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting to large groups– you’re articulate and engaging, and able to bring your stories to life.
- You have a strong knowledge of the digital marketing/advertising ecosystem.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote, Word, and Excel a must.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities