“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As a Product Manager for the Web Platform team, you will lead our mobile and desktop web platform product while partnering closely with product engineering teams, other product managers, data scientists, design and architects to improve end user experience, increase developer efficiency and improve reliability, scalability and cost-effectiveness of the platform.
- Help to shape and execute the product vision and strategy for Reddit’s Web Platform team (mobile and desktop)
- Maintain and communicate a prioritized roadmap to support Clients Platform and company strategic initiatives
- Work closely with developers and product managers to understand problems, capture new ideas and manage a prioritized backlog of requirements
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies and perform data-driven prioritization
- Communicate and evangelize the value of Web Platform to product engineering teams and business stakeholders by defining, tracking and reporting on metrics
- Work cross-functionally across product, engineering, architecture, infrastructure and other
- areas to successfully push platform initiatives forward
- Advocate for product quality and good user experience across the broader Reddit org
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have experience with web platform technology and relevant metrics or demonstrated aptitude and interest in learning.
- You can understand and discuss technical concepts in detail and are able to make trade offs in conversations with engineers and architects.
- You can compellingly communicate the what and why of web platform work for a variety of audiences from leadership to non-technical audiences.
- You know how to define, measure and build buy-in for team goals and success metrics that align with Reddit's wider business objectives.
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You have six years of product management experience, or three years of product management experience and three plus years of engineering experience
- Experience as a engineer on a web front end platform
- Previously worked on a consumer platform team