"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own personality, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 430 million users worldwide and growing fast!
Help us achieve our mission and to reach the next hundreds of millions of Redditors across the globe!!
Reddit is seeking a Program Manager to lead localization efforts as part of our international (i18n) growth initiative. This is the area with the highest potential for user & revenue growth at Reddit. You will build our localization program, educating our team on localization best practices and key risk considerations. You will align key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Legal, Safety, Community, Comms, and Policy and on requirements, timelines and delivery of international features, languages and launches.
If you’re looking to positively and directly impact an already awesome company culture, we’d like to hear from you!
Key Focuses and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage end-to-end localization projects, managing budgets and working closely with product management, development, localization resource teams, cross-functional partners and external vendors
- Evangelize localization and internationalization best practices and provide key insight for high-quality localized products, marketing and educational content
- Manage the overall risk profile related to launches in specific countries and language platforms by aligning our key stakeholders in legal, safety & policy.
- Create and own ‘readiness’ testing across each of the key areas in order to help us understand risks and overall planning.
- Build standardized, repeatable processes for country & language platform launches.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years experience in localization, internationalization, product management, or program management
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Experience working with external vendors on localization and translations
- Strong communication and program management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards, and localization testing best practices