Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Video on Reddit is one of the fastest growing areas within the company. Dubsmash is the short video platform that elevates underrepresented communities and helps them earn a living. In December of 2020, Dubsmash was acquired by Reddit Inc. and is now shaping how communities come together with video at the core. A lean and high output team, an estimated 25% of all Black American teens use the app on the monthly basis, with 30% of its daily users creating video. Last year, the company reported hitting the milestone of 1 billion video views.
Dubsmash is a largely autonomous unit within Reddit, running independent processes that focus on shipping high quality products with cutting edge technologies, every two weeks. Over the past 2 years, the team has shipped over 60+ versions of the applications to its customer base. In 2021, the team will be shipping huge updates to the product, transforming the way consumers interact through video. Being a part of this team, you will benefit from seeing your output live on the App Store every two weeks, while enjoying the benefits Reddit Inc. has to offer.
We’re looking for a world-class engineering manager to lead the Platform team. You’ll collaborate with other cross-functional teams to create new cutting edge products centered around video and interactive media content and help hundreds of thousands of creator communities thrive on Reddit & Dubsmash.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Platform team at Dubsmash in building a first-class experience across a broad range of devices. This will include both technical & architectural guidance as well as providing general leadership to the team.
- Be hands-on involved in building new & innovative features and drive technological advancements in Dubsmash’ experience
- Hire & manage a team of highly skilled Platform & Backend Engineers
- Work closely with other Engineering teams, Product & Design across Dubsmash & Reddit to collaborate on building and refining our roadmap
- Work closely with the whole Engineering team to improve on existing processes & continuously evolve our techstack
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of experience in building at-scale, distributed, production-grade backend systems & applications, preferably in Python
- 2+ years of experience in running high-performing engineering teams in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- 3+ years of production experience in either Node or Python
- At-scale experience with Microservice / Service-oriented Platform architectures
- Strong background in different data stores including (but not limited to) SQL & NoSQL
- Strong analytical thinking & ability to break down complex problems and requirements into working solutions
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that adapts as it grows
- Previous experience with GraphQL is a plus