"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer to work on our Identity and Access Management platform to focus on the integration of SaaS with SAML, SCIM, entitlements and policies. You will help shape our identity strategy and share our mission of enabling technology solutions to complex problems within the Identity and Governance of our corporate tech stack. You will get an opportunity to work with our security, engineering, and IT teams to solve the most challenging problems of a rapidly scaling remote-centric company.
We expect a creative, curious professional with excellent interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills. You are able to handle work smoothly under stress, managing multiple assignments concurrently, adjusting easily as business needs change, and acquiring necessary new working knowledge quickly.
Our IT Systems team is agile, innovative, and flexible, with weekly project reviews, standups, and individual ownership of projects. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact in a company that has an ambitious mission to bring the community and belonging to everyone in the world.
- Drive forward Identity and Governance for Reddit’s corporate identity services
- Participate and drive all stages of the lifecycle management for full-time and contingent workers
- Provide guidance both within IT and to our cross-functional partners on technology choices, industry best practices, and patterns
- Provides expertise in the design, development, testing, implementation, and integration of Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Provides engineering level support to troubleshoot and resolves system incidents, problems, and issues
- Provides support of cloud-based services and configuration including but not limited to, SAML, SCIM, OAuth, and LDAP, Google Workspace, Okta, and Identity tools such as SailPoint or Saviynt.
- Deliver reporting and analysis for the Identity Management environment as required
- Work to ensure audit tasks related to Identity Management are completed on time, with the participation of appropriate parties
- 5-7 years of IT Systems or similar experience
- 3-5 years experience with Identity Management
- Experience working with an identity system of scale
- Experience troubleshooting, managing, and solving issues related to all areas of identity management
- Experience with Okta or an identity management platform
- Knowledge/experience about workflow and business process modeling
- Technical skills in the Identity Management space, including SAML, SCIM, OAuth, LDAP
What We Can Expect From You:
- Passion. It’s easy for you to keep up with the latest industry trends, experiment at home with new technologies and perhaps have your own home lab
- Resourceful. Ability to discover solutions through research, testing, discovery, Reddit, etc.
- Experienced. Provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- A good communicator, with a personable demeanor and a positive attitude. You are organized, can read between the lines to understand business needs and prioritize your work accordingly.