Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Video on Reddit is one of the fastest growing areas within the company. After acquiring Dubsmash, we’ve unified our efforts to build the next generation video surface, brand new creation tools and a home where creators can thrive. Our growing portfolio of products include Video on Reddit, Dubsmash and RPAN, the live streaming service.
We’re looking for a world-class engineering manager to lead a team. You’ll collaborate with other cross-functional teams to create new cutting edge products centered around video and interactive media content and help hundreds of thousands of creator communities thrive on Reddit.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre engineering team.
- Organize your team to efficiently deliver product features.
- Be a partner to product and design teams, helping them refine their vision into products that are the right mix of practical and exciting and guide them on possible execution timelines & plans
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and enable a culture of metrics-led execution, with efficient processes, strong levels of transparency, and accurate delivery timelines
Who You Might Be:
- 3+ years building and managing high-performing engineering teams.
- 3+ years of experience as an iOS or Android engineer, or equivalent practical experience.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong focus on user experience and usability. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with mobile products.
- Experience with the consumer internet is a huge plus. It’s wild out here.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things,thrive in ambiguity, and learn quickly from mistakes.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate with teams in a fully remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fluency with dealing with product metrics, analytics, and observability. You've run A/B tests in the past and have made conclusive product decisions.