*This role can be remote throughout France and will be an initial contract for 12 months and will then go permanent"
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is growing internationally, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Community professional who will be working to support, engage, and grow our French userbase. You’ll be coordinating with our Growth product team and working directly with our community across a variety of projects, with significant room to assist with strategy and grow in your role.
If you’re a self-starter who is passionate about communities - warts and all - then this is the opportunity you’re looking for.
We are a diverse team that is committed to building an inclusive environment. We’re not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
Just like we respect redditors’ pseudonymity, we respect our employees’ right to pseudonymity when working with such a large population.
- Implement our internationalisation playbook in France and help evolve and localise our plays
- Help facilitate experiments and research
- Work with our volunteer moderators to build trust and drive engagement
- Mediate conflicts and help drive solutions for moderator teams
- Coordinate our translators
- Be a public face helping support and listen to our massive community
- Envision new ways to support and engage our international community and drive these projects from concept to implementation
What We Can Expect From You:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of French culture, including current events, politics, customs, traditions, language, topics of interest, taboos, etc
- Fluent French speaker and writer
- Excellent customer service/relationship building skills
- Passion for communities and solving for your users
- Strong understanding of Reddit and its unique and varied communities
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is a self-starter that can work efficiently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with little oversight
- Ability to remain patient, calm, and focused during a crisis
If you are someone with no prior experience working with online communities but you have excellent customer focus and problem solving skills, with experience in the tech industry, then we would like to hear from you.