“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The mission of our newly formed Ecosystem team is to support Reddit’s strategy through the independent evaluation of new initiatives & by being the source of truth of company-level product performance metrics. We are looking for a Data Science Manager who would like to join our organization and own the entire Ecosystem vertical and lead a team of Data Scientists. If you would like to join the Data Science leadership ranks and drive the conversation for the most strategic decisions Reddit will take at the executive level over the next months and years, we have a role for you!
How You’ll Have Impact:
You will be the eyes and brain behind getting foundational understanding of how Reddit works, and the expected impact of various different strategic initiatives. You will steer Reddit’s strategy and guide the company’s investment so we can fulfill our mission of bringing a sense of community and belonging to everybody in the world.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be exposed to the ins and outs of everything that is happening at Reddit, and as a result will learn about every single strategic area that is being created
- You will work directly with leadership and every Data Science team embedded across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the Ecosystem Pillar for all of Reddit
- Leverage data to valuate new strategic initiatives - isolate the correct factors, metrics to monitor and targets
- Provide a single source of truth for company-level product performance metrics and guidance
- Mentor and manage a mighty team of Data Scientists conducting exploratory data analysis and forecasting
- Manage interactions with senior leadership from every and any Product and Engineering vertical, Finance and Reddit’s most senior executives
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of experience in Data Science or Analytics function in a tech consumer company
- 2-4 years working in a Tech Strategy / Ecosystem role
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with product metrics across different areas, new metric definition and target setting
- Strategic intuition and business sense. Can think creatively about how to use data to answer an ambiguous business / product question. Experience with opportunity sizing, target setting
- Experience managing senior cross-functional stakeholders (VP, C-level)
- Experience managing small / medium sized teams (manager at a large company or director level at a smaller company)
- Desire to be a senior leader in a Data Science organization
- Self-starter, not afraid of breaking new ground