“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The mission of the Platform Services team is to develop and maintain a set of core backend systems that many product development teams can leverage. These systems provide clear interfaces, low latencies, and high uptime, so that product engineers can focus on the product.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building systems around authentication and identity to meet the needs of Reddit’s engineering organization.
- Designing an architecture that is performant, stable, secure, and low cost.
As a senior engineer on this team, you’ll be a technical leader. You’ll draw on your technical expertise to ensure these systems have high uptime and strong performance while working with other technical leaders to build a longer term roadmap to match the needs of an ever growing engineering organization.
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create a more performant, more scalable, higher quality architecture around authentication and identity.
- Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader on the Auth and Identity team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- 3+ years of Go experience.
- History of working with auth systems is a big plus.
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise.
- History of building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.