“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The mission of the Developer Productivity team is to design, develop, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building a strong cloud staging development story for the entire company.
- Re-envisioning our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability.
As a staff engineer on this team, you’ll be most immediately responsible for building and driving a vision for our service framework in multiple language implementations. You’ll draw on your technical expertise and leadership skills to ensure this framework and the existing constellation of developer tooling is cohesive and provides maximum value to an ever growing engineering organization. You’ll look for ways to bring in good ideas from other peers and also for opportunities to engage with org, presenting and sharing the team’s accomplishments.
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create more efficient, more reliable developer workflows.
- Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader for the DevProd team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
- 5+ years of experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy.
- 3+ years of Go experience.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.
- Kubernetes experience is a big plus.