Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Apps Platform works as a platform team for all other mobile engineers at Reddit to build on top of. Our customers are primarily other engineers. It’s our job to help improve developer efficiency by providing libraries/APIs/frameworks, monitoring performance, building shared components, improving build tools, etc. In the codebase, we own the core components of the app such as the networking and caching stack. We set the direction in which the codebase builds towards by defining which design patterns and technologies to employ at Reddit. We also frequently moonlight as the ‘catch-all’ team for features that don’t fit neatly into another team’s roadmap. As Reddit’s greater engineering team scales up, Apps Platform is also responsible for innovating and building new processes and methods to continuously support a greater number of customers without linearly scaling the team size as well.
- Ambitious. You are eager to build a first-class Android experience at Reddit using state-of-the-art technology. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, results-oriented environment and aim high.
- Execution driven. You love running a well-planned sprint, delivering high-quality features with your team and tuning the process you work in. Delivering a well-built release on time is one of your top priorities.
- Passionate. You are passionate about Reddit and building a fun & entertaining experience online for communities to find each other. You love the Android platform as much as we do and want to make it even better with the apps you are building.
- A team player. You enjoy working with functions across the organization and strive in a cross-collaborative work environment. You communicate clearly & openly and can arrive at great solutions with your team-mates amidst different priorities.
- Lead the Android team at Reddit in building a first-class mobile experience across a broad range of devices
- Be hands-on involved in building new & innovative features and drive technological advancements in Reddit’s Android experience
- Hire & manage a team of highly skilled Android Engineers
- Advise the Product & Design team on best practices on the Android platform & ecosystem
- Work closely with the whole Engineering team to improve on existing processes & continuously evolve our techstack
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in building native production Android applications, preferably in Kotlin recently
- 2+ years of experience managing high-performing mobile engineering teams
- Previous experience in building native mobile experiences
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that adapts as it grows
- Excellent communication, planning & collaboration skills