The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Core Services team facilitates millions of API requests running the Core API Platform for Reddit. Core Services is responsible for the APIs that build our listings, enabling posts, comments, and many more features and data models.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create real-time experiences and spark connections, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. Your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Developing and designing new and innovative solutions to scaling Reddit
- Build platform API projects that scale to the rest of the organization
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers on your direct team to achieve our mission
- 5+ years of experience identifying and executing high impact projects
- 3+ years of experience with Go or Python
- Familiarity with api platform service architectures
- Experience with distributed caching layers, and distributed large scale data storage
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you
- Kubernetes experience preferred