"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
This position will lead to building a scalable Detection and Incident Response platform to detect security events and anomalies across Reddit’s technical ecosystem (endpoints, Kubernetes, and cloud). At Reddit’s scale, we’ve got a lot of data which means building and managing ingestion pipelines, processing rules, and data transformations, and deriving actionable intelligence and alerting from this data is key. In addition, this position will assist in building and operating ETLs and alerting pipelines based on this data, integrating with security operations automation technologies, and help enrich detections that are passed to Security Operations engineers.
This is a critical position and provides exciting opportunities to protect the sixth-largest website in the world and 430M Monthly Active Users. This is an exciting time to join Reddit as the company is planning to grow to 1B revenue and is on the path to an IPO.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and maintain telemetry and observability related to security components (various logging platforms and eventing spanning various types of sources like endpoints (Mac, Windows, Linux), servers (Linux), Cloud (AWS and GCP), and SaaS applications.
- Design, build, and scale security data warehouse for alerting and investigations including aggregation of data from various sources, correlating data across various sources, etc.
- This platform is expected to scale to 100s of TBs.
- Build a platform to enable Security Analysts to write high-quality detection rules, platform for investigation
- Build a platform to orchestrate remediation spanning various types of assets.
- Help recruit and grow CSIRT team, mentor and guide junior team members
What We Can Expect From You:
- 8+ years building and scale Large Data processing systems and services.
- Experience rolling out software to a large number of systems, ex: rolling out OSQuery to Linux, Mac, and Windows fleet.
- Experience with Big data technologies Spark, Presto, HBase, HDFS, AWS EMR, etc)
- (Preferred) Experience with SIEM logging solutions (ex: Splunk) and OSQuery
- 10+ years of Software development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining security topics clearly and where necessary, in layperson's terms
- Familiarity with public cloud (AWS, GCP) and associated concepts
- Experience with threat and vulnerability landscape.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.