"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Economy/Special Projects Team
The Economy and Special Projects teams are among the most innovative, forward-looking teams at Reddit. Together we’re trying to build an Internet of free, independent communities that are powered by a fun, collaborative economy. Our goal is to find new monetization models that restore the balance of power online, putting it back in the hands of the people. Though quite challenging, we believe it’s one of the most important projects to keep the Internet free.
We are hiring a Senior or Staff 3D Graphics Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
- Collaborate directly with designers and product managers to build delightful user experiences on native iOS, native Android, and Web
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance
- Solve complex challenges around performance and code reusability while continuously improving code quality
- Expertise in C++ with 5+ years of professional 3D graphics experience
- Experience building at least one amazing 3D graphics product with a team from start to shipment
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix bugs, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to Have:
- Advocacy and mentoring of junior engineers seeking to accelerate their skills and responsibilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; everyone is a startup CEO that runs towards solving problems
- Recognize, validate, and evangelize technologies and architectures that align with business objectives