Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit Inc’s Creative Strategy team is responsible for collaborating with partners to build community-driven campaigns, content, and activations that catalyze action on Reddit and in culture.
Reddit is a curious place and so are we. By focusing on intention over attention, we help brands understand their communities and be understood in return. We are writers, investigators, painters, anthropologists, marketers, inventors, singers, storytellers and storydoers brought together into one team of conduits for brands seeking to discover how to contribute authentically, meaningfully, and effectively to the communities that matter to them most.
Reddit is looking for someone with a passion to turn curiosity into understanding, a strong copywriter looking to bring to the Reddit-spin to campaigns, and someone who believes in the power of community for brands of all sizes. We’re looking for a creative polymath and problem solver who can invent, write, and design advertisements and campaigns across a spectrum of categories and verticals – tailoring each ad to the unique culture and interests of the Reddit audience. Put another way: We’re looking for someone who can make ads Reddit won’t hate.
What You'll Do
- Invent ad concepts and campaigns that balance the needs of our clients with the tastes of our audience.
- Write concept pitches, headline copy, creative briefs, RFP responses, and communications that embody Reddit’s sensibilities.
- Design ad layouts, creative assets, campaigns, and viewer journeys that entertain, inform, and sell.
- Translate client value proposition and KPIs into language and visuals Redditors find appealing and actionable. [If you already know what these terms mean, you’re halfway there.]
- Act as a creative consultant and platform expert to Reddit’s Growth Sales team and their clients [Help people learn how to Reddit, and Reddit well.]
- Create deliverables in the form of narrative driven presentations, conceptual white-papers or through digital / IRL workshops that convey Reddit’s unique business proposition for brands considered disruptors
What We Can Expect From You
- 3-5+ years of experience in advertising, PR, media, social media, or any field leveraging creativity or strategy.
- Strong grasp of Reddit’s core values, its language, and its communities, as well as how to identify and speak to our audience.
- Keen ability to shift perspective with ease to see opportunities through the lens of both the Reddit communities and a brand, creating something wonderful in the space in-between them.
- Persuasive written communication & copywriting skills.
- Strong design sense & talent for visual storytelling and presentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- An appetite for testing and experimentation with the ability to pivot to new ideas.
- Creative flexibility & curiosity – you approach new challenges, clients & verticals with equal enthusiasm.
- Core understanding of the relationship between creative agencies, media agencies & brands .
- Preferred experience using Keynote/PPT/Google Slides, as well as Adobe Photoshop/Adobe CC
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities