Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is “the front page of the internet” — a vast network of communities that come to share and discuss the very best the Internet has to offer each day.
The Creator team is focused on helping creators grow their communities and make a living on Reddit. We are among the most innovative and forward-looking teams at the company and you’ll have a massive impact on day one.
We’re looking for a world-class engineering manager to lead this team. You’ll work closely with product, design, and other cross-functional teams to help hundreds of thousands of creator communities thrive on Reddit.
What you’ll do
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of product engineers and mobile developers.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and enable a culture of metrics led execution, with efficient processes and strong levels of transparency.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer developing user-facing mobile native applications at scale, using Swift and Kotlin.
- Fluency with dealing with product analytics, forecasting and exposure to tools like GA, BigQuery etc.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong focus on user experience and usability. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software. Experience with social or e-commerce is a huge plus. It’s wild out here.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate with teams in a fully remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Belief in the mission to help creators make a living from their communities online.