Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is “the front page of the internet” — a vast network of communities that come to share and discuss the very best the Internet has to offer each day.
The Creator team is focused on helping creators grow their communities and make a living on Reddit. We are among the most innovative and forward-looking teams at the company and you’ll have a massive impact on day one.
We’re looking for a world-class Android engineer to help hundreds of thousands of creator communities thrive on our platform. This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing user-facing mobile native applications at scale, using Kotlin.
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages; Java, Python, Go, Rust, C++.
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about helping creators build community and make a living online.