"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
Operating within the Growth division, the Core Growth team plays a key role in fulfilling Reddit’s mission of bringing community & belonging to the world through data initiatives like onboarding, churn prediction and user segmentation.
As the team’s Sr. Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in guiding product strategy through proactively surfacing insights, conducting exploratory analyses and executing advanced experimentation.
How You’ll Have Impact:
- Today, Core Growth touches a large swatch of features at Reddit. As a key member of the team, you’ll help us refine our Core Growth strategy through playing with one of the richest datasets at Reddit and uncovering user insights. Your work will help us understand onboarding improvements, different user types and top Reddit use cases that will propel the next wave of Growth.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be deeply integrated with our tight-knit Core Growth team, which moves quickly and runs experiments on a variety of initiatives at Reddit. You’ll play a key role in determining the onboarding strategy and other improvements for users throughout their lifecycle. You’ll play with petabytes of data full of user interactions and events to develop user segmentation that will impact the entire company.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform proactive exploratory analyses on understanding user behavior on Reddit (e.g. tipping points and when to intervene with Core Growth levers)
- Conduct exploratory analyses to size new opportunities for onboarding or further engaging Reddits on the platform
- Partner with Eng and Product to define and execute Core Growth’s roadmap and initiatives
- Design and evaluate A/B tests and product feature experiments to influence product strategy
- Define team metrics and goals and scale data-informed decision making through ETLs and reporting dashboards
- Present findings to senior leadership and inform product decisions
Who You Might Be:
- 8+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with causal inference techniques and causal models
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)