"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Feeds & Search are our most viewed product surfaces, and a huge responsibility for the shepherds of these surfaces. This role will encompass ownership of the end to end UI/UX experiences that expose the latest advancements in Feeds & Search technologies at Reddit. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to work closely with ML and Search practitioners to deliver a Feeds & Search user experience that is safe, performant and engaging.
Reddit is looking for an Android engineer capable of architecting, implementing, and maintaining best in class UI/UX experiences. You will work closely with Product Managers, ML Engineers, and Search Engineers to deliver best in class user experiences that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet.
You will use technologies such as Kotlin, Java, GraphQL and more. Your work will span our most viewed product surfaces on Reddit, and power the “front page of the internet”.
- Expertise in Java or Kotlin, with experience developing Android applications
- Design and implement the next generation of Reddit Feeds & Search experiences
- Work with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences
- Champion and drive engineering processes and best practices
- Write efficient, scalable and maintainable code that will help us iterate quickly and safely
- 4+ years of experience developing end user facing Android applications
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment.
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone.
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Understanding customer needs and translating them into product features is a plus.
- Experience working with Feeds or Search Results Pages is a bonus!