Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The mission of the Web Platform team is to design, explore and create a solid foundation for our Web and MobileWeb products. In addition, we establish best practices to build features on our platform.
As a Principal Software Engineer in the Web Platform team, you will be responsible for designing a solid foundation for our Web and MobileWeb development. You will have company-wide scope, impact, and responsibility in shaping the future of Web development at Reddit.
This role will enable us to execute one of the most important projects for the company now - a complete redesign of the MobileWeb and Web experience. Part of this role’s responsibilities will be to own the design and execution of the complete redesign of the Reddit Website both on mobile and Desktop. In this role, you will champion the technology selection, best practices in Reddit’s Web and MobileWeb products. You will act as an Architect for the frontend technology development at Reddit.
What We’re Working On
- Architecture redesign of our Frontend platform.
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Building a platform that is highly available, low on latency, and at internet scale.
What We Can Expect From You
- Experience in leading UI redesign of a large-scale frontend Application.
- Experience in Influencing the organizations on best practices in frontend development.
- Experience with one or more front-end web frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Design Reddit’s frontend architecture using the latest technologies that offer high scalability, low latency, and will improve developer velocity.
- Build best-in-class frontend development platform.
- Architect, build, and maintain feature systems spanning web and backend services.
- Tackle tough design and product problems.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Influence the organization on best practices in frontend development.
- Experience in mentoring.
- Experience in influencing the larger organizations on technical direction/best practices.