Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a Brand Safety Lead, you will be the cross-functional leader for platform and brand safety for our go-to-market teams. You will handle sensitive and complex safety issues in partnership with our global sales team. You will shape Reddit’s Brand Safety strategy and use cross-functional collaboration and data-driven decision making to ensure we connect all relevant stakeholders to deliver a safe environment for brands. This role will partner closely with Product, Policy, Communications & PR, Sales and Legal to ensure that Reddit is consistently expanding and effectively communicating our Safety practices for both users and advertisers.
You will be constantly monitoring Reddit’s Brand Safety standing and our roadmap to improve policies and products that impact brand safety. You will serve as the go-to resource for our go-to-market teams to ensure they are communicating the safety of our platform clearly and effectively.
This role requires strategy building, large cross-functional coordination, and a deep understanding of current and forward-looking brand safety best practices.
- Continuously monitoring, evaluate, and communicate Reddit’s brand safety practices including key areas for improvement and actionable plans to work across xfn partners to execute
- Provide comprehensive and ongoing training designed to inform go-to-market and cross-functional partners about policy changes, recent trends and the safety point of view on new product launches
- Gather and evaluate industry needs to inform and influence the safety roadmap
- Bring feedback from external partners to internal safety teams to ensure input is received and prioritized appropriately
- Act as a global representative of Reddit’s brand safety policies, procedures and product features within partner meetings as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience within partnerships, advocacy, business development, policy development or operations management, PR/marketing, and/or policy communications
- Deep understanding of online safety, industry trends and technical knowledge to support these efforts
- Understanding of major social issues and their role within social media
- Experience with online advertising industry and/or small and medium businesses
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams such as policy, legal, operations, global business and product
- Strong communication with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Project management experience a plus