"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a high-energy sales compensation lead with strong business and financial acumen. This role will ensure that sales incentive compensation programs support the company’s strategic objectives, meet legal requirements, and aligns with Reddit’s sales compensation philosophy. This role will partner with a cross-functional workgroup made up of Sales, HR, and Finance partners. As a subject matter expert, this role will act as a strategic advisor, providing counsel on sales incentive compensation programs, policies, and best practices. If you enjoy the detailed and technical aspects of compensation analysis but also enjoy thinking outside of the box and coming up with new ideas, this is the role for you!
The right person for this role will think strategically regarding vision and design of programs and be able to bring creative solutions from data and business needs. If you are someone who is passionate about growing with a rising business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open and fast-growing environment, then this is a great role for you.
- Responsible for developing and administering a world class sales incentive compensation program
- Benchmark competitive practices to ensure sales plans drive results and help attract and retain key sales talent
- Partner with HR and Legal to address employment issues that may impact plan design transformation and updates
- Design, implement, and maintain a revised Sales Incentive Framework and Governance Model
- Lead the design of sales incentive plans to ensure competitiveness, equity and alignment with the company's business objectives and talent strategy
- Coordinate the standardization of Sales Incentive approach, driving methodologies for plan design (pay mix, metrics, weights & mechanics, modifiers, SPIFFs, etc.)
- Build training and communication materials to ensure participants understand their compensation plan
- Design, calculate, and maintain attainment reporting to provide insights to plan participants and cross-functional stakeholders on plan payouts and overall plan performance
- Monitor and analyze all aspects of the sales and incentive compensation programs to gauge the effectiveness of plan designs.
- Partner with leadership to handle plan disputes and be able to handle and action in a timely fashion
- Lead continuous improvement projects within functions to participate in other organizations projects to improve efficiency
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- 7 – 10 years sales compensation administration experience
- Previous work experience and working knowledge of sales compensation process and analysis
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self starter who requires minimum direction and or supervision
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to support and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with Incentive Commission Tools
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies and process changes
- Experienced with Microsoft Office & Google Suite (emphasis on advance Excel skills)
- BS BA Degree or equivalent, preferably with a strong analytical background