"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings hundreds of millions together in community, conversation, and connection worldwide.
At Reddit we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Anti-Evil is a small and scrappy team, working closely with ops to defend Reddit’s integrity by fighting spam, abuse, bots and fraud. Anti-evil team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models, data systems and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
If ensuring the safety of users on the 4th most popular website in the US excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a small, tightly knit company with one of the highest user:employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
- Architect and implement the anti-evil infrastructure at Reddit.
- Build real time data systems to process large datasets in parallel on massive clusters.
- Leverage ML models to identify offending content and take appropriate actions.
- Increase efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deployment.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer developing production code.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning / artificial intelligence, pattern recognition or large-scale data mining.
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems