Reddit is expanding its product offerings to increase the addressable user base for Direct-to-Consumer revenue. Virtual gifting between users, known as Reddit Awards, and subscriptions, known as Reddit Premium, showed early success with our users. While we continue to grow them, we regularly build brand new native experiences with a goal of making the Reddit experience more fun and amenable for monetization. Our recent products include:
- An Avatar builder that our users love
- A community subscription that lets a few members unlock perks for everyone (aka Powerups)
- A Predictions feature for fans to have a friendly tournament about a future event E.g. a reality TV show, a sports match, a meme-related topic
- Reddit Talk - an upcoming live audio product for our communities to converse in real time
We are looking for a strong Director of Product to join us. This leader will own an existing revenue product and expand it (e.g. Awards), and build a new product area to establish a new revenue stream. In this role, the leader will own a big portion of our multi-year business deliverables for the Direct-to-Consumer team as a whole.
We are a small and fast-growing team. You will have opportunities to work on existing as well as new products, while growing your leadership and organizational impact.
The ideal candidate can build alignment, influence a wide team, and manage PMs. The person should have a keen product sense and a passion for areas like social motivations, gamification, and Reddit culture.
- Think big - define strategy for a product area, achieve alignment, and translate into a roadmap
- Execute fast - partner with Engineering, Design and Data to deliver launches on the roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally (E.g. Community, Communications, Legal) to launch products
- Iterate fast - Analyze shipped products, identify gaps, and refine the roadmap
- Business Area Impact - Set forecasts on a 2 year+ timeframe. Lead the team in delivering against those forecasts
What We Can Expect From You:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of product management experience. Worked on consumer-facing apps, social networks, free-to-play games, and in new product development
- Fluency with using Data - tactical (e.g. A/B testing) and strategic (e.g. estimations, sizing) to inform crisp decisions
- A fine eye for design and craft in product, including a passion for emotional design
- Crisp writing and storytelling skills, expected at a product leader level
- Ability to draw talent, hire, mentor and motivate product managers
- Ability to see into competitive products and draw meaningful insights
- Being an avid Redditor yourself!
- MBA degree
- Experience in building virtual economies from ground-up