The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are searching for a German Country Launcher to join the International org to help Reddit expand outside of the US. The international Growth (i18n) team plays a key role in helping Reddit realise its mission: bringing community & belonging to everyone in the world.
As a Country Launcher you will be our at the forefront of jumpstarting our local content. You will be an expert in the German market, proficient in German, and focused on proactive initiatives and projects to iterate, innovate, refine, and scale our international consumer playbook. The insights derived from your experiments will help accelerate our growth in Germany.
As the first employee in Germany, this is a rare opportunity to join a new team at one of the most important consumer products on the internet. If building a product that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Be obsessive about achieving aggressive goals and outcomes
- Have the ability to gain a deep understanding & specialised knowledge in a market to understand user & moderator pain points, competitors, & market opportunity.
- Communicate quantitative & qualitative insights to cross functional partners to help optimise & improve the international growth consumer playbook
- Cultivate, recruit, educate, and build out a foundation for a strong local community of moderators, content creators, influencers, etc.
- Execute a playbook for the market(s) you're launching to grow verticals of communities using any means at your disposal
- Iterate, innovate & scale the consumer playbooks by recognising new opportunities, suggesting bold ideas, and persuading internal teams to align on new plans.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Community, Engineering, Marketing, Safety and BD teams
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2 - 4 years of operations management, consulting, or tech background
- Data-driven decision-making mentality through analytical thinking to assess process performance and financial viability. Excel modelling skills necessary, SQL knowledge helpful.
- Project management experience with an obsession over details
- Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and work with local users, moderators, content creators, etc.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with getting your hands dirty
- Demonstrates results through outstanding execution and attention to detail.
- Ability to build positive relationships with external partners as well as internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, highly flexible and adaptable to the business' needs.
- Proficiency in German & English
- Resident of German or open to relocating there in the near future
- Experience with community management or building communities
- Proficient in SQL