Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
**Open to fully remote**
Reddit is “the front page of the internet” — a vast network of communities that come to share and discuss the very best the Internet has to offer each day. With over 450 million monthly users, Reddit is home to the largest and most passionate communities for almost every interest under the sun—from news and politics to beauty, sports, gaming and more.
The Economy team is part of the Special Projects division at Reddit and is among the most innovative and forward-looking teams at the company. Together we’re trying to build an Internet of free, independent communities that are powered by a fun, collaborative economy. Our goal is to find new monetization models that restore the balance of power online, putting it back in the hands of the people. Though quite difficult, we believe it’s one of the most important projects to help keep the Internet free.
Building this future requires a careful balance of engineering, product, design, and business. It’s a matter of building the right user experience and orchestrating a team to success. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a world-class Engineering Manager who can work at the intersection of these problems and lead the team to build our vision.
What you’ll do
- Lead a rapidly growing cross-functional team by hiring, mentoring, and inspiring. Our team has been doubling annually for two years and we have the head count to keep it up. We need to find great engineers, keep them motivated, and help them reach their full potential.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, data, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code, writing design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer developing consumer / social applications at scale
- Strong focus on user experience, usability, scalability, and quality. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software at scale.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.