Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are expanding our Revenue & AR Operations team and looking to bring on our first Global AR Manager who is excited to roll up their sleeves and help scale our quote-to-cash processes. This is a unique opportunity to bring your experience and influence decisions that will impact processes and system design. The AR Team provides global support to various cross-functional teams, and you’ll work with internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure an effortless sales experience, while maintaining the accuracy, integrity, and completeness of the accounts receivable portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have advertising or digital media/entertainment experience in a fast growth environment. In addition, this person is a self-starter who is organized, highly analytical, collaborative and a problem solver. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Formulate and implement credit management, collection management, and billing policies and processes that are aimed at minimizing AR risk and reducing operational friction, while supporting business growth.
- Review and analyze credit reports for our global customer portfolio to ensure credit worthiness, set credit limits, payment terms.
- Act as the credit risk subject matter expert across the organization, implementing mechanisms to inform key stakeholders and processes of credit risk trends for existing and potential customers.
- Oversee and assist in the monthly preparation of invoice runs, ensuring that invoices sent to our customers are accurate, reflect the proper level of detail and are distributed timely.
- Ensure there is a timely response to internal and external billing inquiries with a ‘Customers First’ mentality, and enhance customer experience towards excellence.
- Review commercial agreements, including sales orders, third party paper, and master service agreements to ensure credit and billing policies are adhered to.
- Maintain and review our AR aging, resolving invoice disputes and collecting past due receivables.
- Reconciliation of all AR and related GL accounts, making enhancements and improvements to our documentation and controls.
- Ownership over weekly and monthly AR dashboard reporting to senior management, including aging, cash collected, DSO analysis and other metrics.
- Ownership over forecasting collection targets and the tracking of the team's progress toward those targets.
- Oversee routine department activities, such as vendor forms, collections and customer payment application, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Challenge the “status quo”, lead process improvement to streamline AR processes and shorten billing timelines.
- Prepare other ad hoc analyses and support projects as needed.
- Hire, train, motivate and evaluate AR staff members and contractors.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 7+ years relevant AR and collections experience required; advertising industry highly preferred; at least 2+ years in a public company
- 2+ years in people management role with direct reports
- Strong knowledge of credit & collections process, experience with credit reports (i.e. D&B, Credit Safe, Experian, etc.)
- Experience in working with Netsuite and Salesforce.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, and strong Excel skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Relevant finance experience in a large, multinational organization, technology company, or high-tech environment, with world-class processes
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting principles and revenue recognition rules - knowledge in ASC 606 a plus.