The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The Growth division at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple teams. We connect users to each other through engaging, real-time chat experiences. We help users encounter the best content at the right time via the right product surface. And we are laying architectural foundations and building experiences to help Reddit communities thrive internationally.
The Chat team within the Growth org establishes the destination for real-time conversation by empowering communities to feel lively, human, and connected through modern & engaging real-time experiences. Our challenges include connecting millions of people in real-time, developing new interactions to engage and connect humans, and making a safe, discoverable, and useful experience for every user.
If building and leading the team unlocking the next hundreds of millions of Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire, and lead a world-class team of software engineers
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent vision for Chat infrastructure that supports and enables Reddit’s growth
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, launch, and monitoring
Who You Might Be:
- Desire to get better, to help others get better, and to have a large positive impact on a large number of people
- 2+ years experience supporting and growing engineering teams
- 5+ years experience developing software
- Experience managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems hosted in cloud environments
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Ability to directly have a large impact on a huge number of people
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer-paid health benefits
- Free onsite meals and snacks, and world-class support for distributed employees
- 4 months parental leave, plus up to 4 months disability leave for delivering mothers
- Education and pet care stipends
- Childcare support, family planning, and much more
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time