"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Monetization is often the most data-heavy, latency sensitive, and technically demanding part of any online business. Our Ads Engineers work on the Reddit Ads platform, all the way from the front-end tools for ad creation to predictive modeling, delivery, auctions, and attribution.
As an early member of this small mission driven team, you will have lots of ownership and impact to shape our ads business to support overall Reddit's mission. Technologies you might work with include:
- Languages: Scala, Go, Python
- Frameworks: Spark, Thrift, Baseplate, Kafka
- Datastores: Postgres, Cassandra, Druid, Redis, BigQuery
- Tools: Kubernetes, Argo, Docker
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that turns Reddit into a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 4+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design.
- Experience working with data pipelines/ETLs.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.