The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to add fuel to the fire. Reddit is among the most visited websites in the world, and web continues to be our highest traffic platform..
The Growth division at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple teams. We connect users to each other through engaging, real-time chat experiences. We help users encounter the best content at the right time via the right product surface. And we are laying architectural foundations and building experiences to help Reddit communities thrive internationally. These efforts set us up for continued growth, and as a Frontend Engineer you contribute to the delight of millions of new and existing users.
We will continue to invest in new product experiences to help connect new and existing users to the content we're sure they'll love, and the communities they'll feel right at home in.
If you're the kind of person who is motivated by rapid development, new product initiatives, user experiences, and content creation we’re interested in speaking with you.
What We’re Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Build a world-class user experience.
- Design engineering architecture for feature systems spanning web/app frontends.
- Tackle tough design and product problems.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas.
- Mentor junior, mid, and senior level engineers.
- Set up large, complex features for success.
What We Can Expect From You
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and documentation skills.
- A growth mindset.
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix defects, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.