"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Growth division at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple teams. We connect users to each other through engaging, real-time chat experiences. We help users encounter the best content at the right time via the right product surface. And we are laying architectural foundations and building experiences to help Reddit communities thrive internationally. These efforts set us up for continued growth, and as a backend engineer you contribute to the delight of millions of new and existing users.
As a Senior/Staff Engineer, you’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create real-time experiences and spark connections, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. With our small team, your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Shipping new products that will increase Reddit’s ability to deliver information real-time.
- Creating a unified and seamless experience between desktop and mobile.
- Building tools that will improve the safety and experience of our users.
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Experience with distributed systems
- Curiosity and ability to figure out what's important and shepherd technical projects
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team