“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join our Video team as a Data Scientist to shape the future of the rich media experience on the internet.
How You’ll Have Impact:
The Video team works on improving the creation, curation, discovery and viewing of video across Reddit’s surfaces, including feeds and RPAN. As a Data Scientist on this team, you will produce insights and frameworks that will drive product strategy. You will be a key player in guiding Reddit to continuously build more empathy and deeper understanding of user experience through data. Your contributions will be crucial for accelerating growth of the video content creation and consumption ecosystem on Reddit, ultimately helping more people find communities to be part of.
What You’ll Learn:
You will be part of a high-performing team with a proven track record at launching and optimizing video products, learning from other professionals in Product, Engineering, and Research. You will also be part of a global data organization where you will connect and learn from world-class practitioners in the data space across analytics, modeling, data engineering, search, ML research and applied ML.
What You’ll Do:
- Make it easy for everyone to be data driven by defining product metrics and goals, building dashboards, analysing and communicating performance
- Design and evaluate product experiments and rollouts ensuring the team is optimizing for learning and refinement of Reddit’s strategy
- Perform exploratory data analysis and research to build deeper understanding of viewers and creators of video on Reddit
- Identify features and attributes of content and communities that can be leveraged within ML frameworks powering next generation of products
- Scale and take away complexity of working with big data by creating and maintaining ETLs of video metrics
Who You Might Be:
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative or data science roles, preferably for a consumer-facing or video-centric service/app
- Expertise with SQL
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Understand how to measure success and use metrics to optimize products
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.