Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
As an Engineering Manager on Reddit’s Video Products Team, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team, including product managers and designers to create new cutting edge products centered around video and interactive media content.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of software engineers and systems engineers.
- Organize your team to efficiently deliver product features.
- Be a partner to product and design teams, helping them refine their vision into products that are the right mix of practical and exciting.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
Who You Might Be:
- 2+ years experience of leading a team of software engineers, either formally or in a "tech lead" role.
- 5+ years of experience building for the consumer internet.
- Experience in one or more frontend or mobile platforms;
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.