Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for our first Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing team. In this role, you will play an essential part in helping develop scalable billing and revenue recognition processes. You will work cross functionally and partner closely with business, operations, systems, and finance teams. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is organized, highly analytical, collaborative and a problem solver. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Timely and accurate preparation of month-end journal entries, ensuring our revenues, AR, and deferred revenues are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Monthly preparation of invoice runs, ensuring that invoices sent to our customers are accurate, reflect the proper level of detail and are distributed timely.
- Monthly reconciliation of all revenue, AR and Def Revenue Accounts, making enhancements and improvements to our documentation and controls.
- Challenge the “status quo”, lead process improvement to streamline revenue and AR processes and shorten the close and billing timelines.
- Review revenue contracts in detail, identifying any non-standard terms to ensure accurate revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606
- Support system implementations and test system changes related to QTC processes.
- Support expansion of integrating new revenue streams into our processes and NetSuite.
- Analyze P&L and balance sheet accounts, comparing against forecast and prior periods, providing succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results.
- Prepare other ad hoc analyses and support projects as needed.
- Ultimately we are looking for someone who is experienced, flexible, eager, and excited to build from the ground up!
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required; CPA preferred.
- 5+ years relevant accounting experience required; public accounting, advertising revenue a plus
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition rules and ability to apply ASC 606
- Experience in working with Netsuite and Salesforce.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving skills, and strong Excel skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- A proactive, self-directed person with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.