“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Economy and Special Projects teams are among the most innovative, forward-looking teams at Reddit. Together we’re trying to build an Internet of free, independent communities that are powered by a fun, collaborative economy. Our goal is to find new monetization models that restore the balance of power online, putting it back in the hands of the people. Though quite challenging, we believe it’s one of the most important projects to keep the Internet free.
Building this future requires a careful balance of engineering, product, design, and business. It’s a matter of creating the right user experience, and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for strong frontend engineers who can work at the intersection of these problems, quickly build new products, and advocate for our users throughout the whole process.
- Build new features and products into the Reddit web app using modern frontend tools (Typescript, React, Redux, GraphQL)
- Collaborate directly with designers and product managers to build delightful user experiences
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance
- Solve complex frontend challenges around performance and code reusability while continuously improving code quality
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix bugs, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with React
- Holistic understanding of software systems - able to collaborate with backend and native mobile engineers to write design docs and design effective APIs
- Experience building accessible features
- Experience building web applications that work seamlessly and performantly in mobile browsers
- Experience building complex animations and transitions to make delightful UIs
- Full-stack background is a plus