"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
This role will be an integral part of the Marketing Sciences team, providing our Ad Sales and Marketing teams with critical data and insights that drive our value proposition to agencies and brands. You’ll be charged with finding and telling “the story” - packaging research findings for internal teams, identifying trends, and turning data into actionable insights that drive revenue.
In short, we’re looking for a data-driven storyteller with a marketers mindset. As this is a new role, your primary responsibilities will evolve over time and there is significant opportunity to drive impact within Reddit and career growth.
- Drive insights excellence by leveraging 1st party platform data, 3rd party/syndicated research, and primary research to uncover and deliver insights that reveal the reach, composition, engagement, and strategic value of our audience to clients, agencies, and the industry at large.
- Deliver demographic and psychographic analysis, and report on media usage, reach, and industry trends.
- Act as an expert and evangelist on industry trends and new media insights.
- Develop strong relationships with our external research partners, upleveling the insights capabilities they deliver to Reddit.
- Collaborate with internal research teams to answer key business objectives.
- Partner with our Marketing and Brand Strategy teams to develop compelling storylines that highlight opportunities for Reddit advertisers, and distribute output into new and existing marketing and sales materials, including narratives, whitepapers, blogs, events, etc.
Who you are:
- A data-driven storyteller that’s passionate about insights that inspire and drive action.
- A strong understanding of the platform and unique culture of Reddit
- 2-4 years in digital media – at a research vendor, media platform, or brand/agency.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study.
- Expertise with syndicated research tools such as comScore, Quantcast, BrandWatch, GlobalWebIndex, MRI, Simmons, AppAnnie, etc.
- Proven ability to weave primary research, 1st party platform data, and 3rd party/syndicated research together into a cohesive and compelling story of strategic importance.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with past success consistently delivering output to multiple stakeholders across a variety of teams.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – you’re articulate and engaging.
- Experience working across industries and demographics with the ability to quickly understand the nuance, challenges, trends and opportunities within new areas of research.
- Experience with survey/panel tools like Qualtrics/Decipher/Vision Critical/Suzy a plus